See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

October 8, 2012

Today was kind of busy.  I woke up at 9 and since I took a shower last night, I decided to straighten my hair!!  It went pretty fast but it was kind of annoying because we don't have an outlet by the big mirror in our room and we only have an outlet by the sink (which is kind of dangerous) which is inconvenient since there is no ledge by the sink and the lights make it hard to see your reflection sometimes.  After I straightened my hair, I went to Hubbard Park where dance marathon was supposedly handing out free t-shirts.  Nobody was there so I went back to my room and chilled and then Maritza and I went to lunch.  After lunch, I decided to go check on the shirts again and I saw a table that said they were inside the IMU so I was able to get my shirt!  Yay!  I had German and then stars and galaxies.  Before stars and galaxies, I went to the bathroom and there was a dead cockroach on the ground and it made me want to vom but I got out of the stall safely.  I started going crazy in stars and galaxies and I started laughing super hard but since it was quiet I had to hold it in so I started crying hahaha.  Why was I crying you ask?  Because this came up on a slide:
↑P = ↑L = ↑R, ↓T, ↗ off = Red Giant
Don't expect me to tell you what this means.  Pretty much the reason why I was dying was because of the diagonal arrow and the fact that this made no sense.  When the slide came on, me and my stars friend were all "WTF?" and then I lost it.
After that class, I went back to my room and tried to do my German homework but it was so long and dumb and it was way too advanced for where we are right now so I gave up and went to dinner earlier.  I had my writing commons class at 5 and it went until 6:40 and then I booked it over to Prairie Lights which is a bookstore in Iowa City.  They were having a reading with these two really famous poet guys who have won a super amount of awards.  They wrote a book together of prose poems where one person wrote a paragraph and then he would send it to the next person and that person would write the next paragraph that went off of the other paragraph.  They each took turns reading their paragraphs from an excerpt of the book.  While I was sitting in the room, I giant cicada decided to crawl for its life across the floor between my feet and under my chair.  I freaked out and picked all my stuff off the ground and the girl next to me was staring at me and she said she saw the bug but she did not care!  I spent the rest of the reading thinking something was crawling on me.  
Afterwards, I went back to my room and finished my German homework and then procrastinated on writing my essay for about an hour before I actually started writing my essay....and then I went to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment