See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to the best father!!!!!!  Today was Dad's birthday!  Yay!  It was also so beautiful outside!!! I had German and stars and galaxies and then I went back to my room and opened my window!  I had to spend the rest of the day studying for my cinema midterm so I thought it would be nice to have a nice breeze in the room...let me tell you how much of a mistake that was!!  A billion little gnats decided it would be a wonderful idea to flock to our window and then crawl through the screen and just chill on the screen on the inside of our room.  It took me three hours to do my German homework which is ridiculous.  There was a floor dinner tonight but Maritza ditched me and I wasn't hungry so I decided to go to the library instead.  I was getting nothing done in the library because I was bored with the article I was reading and I was also super tired and a guy was watching In Time in my line of sight so I kept getting distracted by that movie.  After getting pretty much nothing done, I decided to go back to my room where I still got nothing done.  Maritza had a meeting somewhere in town so I had the room to myself so I ate dinner and got nothing accomplished.  While studying, a guy in the floor above me spent an hour singing his heart out to random songs and being super annoying.  I was ready to go kill him when we invited our neighbors into the room to listen to him and then he stopped singing...jerk.
Maritza and I tried to solve our gnat problem since the window is right over her bed.  We thought about getting hairspray but we didn't have any so we used our lysol instead.  We sprayed our window like crazy which made the glass really gross looking but whatever.  It was really overwhelming and all of a sudden, somebody from either the floor below or the floor above started having a coughing attack and we both died of laughter because we think it was from our excessive spraying of lysol.  We were starting to get high off of the smell of lysol so we turned on the air and hooked up a fan to try to blow the scent around the room instead of just the small spot by our window.
Maritza went to bed and I stayed up studying finally and then I went to bed and our room was super cold because our air was on, a fan was blowing, and when I tried to shut the window, it wouldn't close all the way so the cold air was blowing in....it was pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment