See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

October 15, 2012

I realize this picture is really lame but I couldn't take a picture of anything else.  Today was pretty great.  I woke up at 8:30ish to study for my German test that I didn't study for last night.  Normally when we take German tests, we get out super early but I have a class in the same vicinity right after that so I just hang around until it's time to walk over to my other class.  Today I decided to bring my laptop with so that I could work on my essay in between my test and my stars and galaxies class.  The German test ended up taking the whole class period though so I didn't have time to work on my essay.  Having my laptop allowed me to take notes on my computer for stars and galaxies which was super handy!  After that, I went back to my room and decided to just print off my essay so that's what I did!  Then I worked on some homework and I went to eat dinner.  The dining hall closes every day between 3-4:30 or something and I had a class at 5 that was supposed to get out at 6:40 and then I had to meet for my field trip at 7 so I decided to eat before my 5 o'clock class which was a hassle since I had to wait until 4:30 to eat!  But I made it to my class on time.  The best part was that the class got out at 5:30!  It was amazing.  It was an hour and 10 minutes shorter than normal hahaha.  So I would have had time to eat dinner afterwards but I had already eaten so it didn't matter.   So I went back to my room and worked on more homework.
At 6:50ish I decided to head for my class where we needed to meet for our field trip.  We met in our classroom and then we got on a school bus and drove to an observatory that wasn't that far away but it was far enough that we were in the middle of nowhere.  At first it was really cloudy and we couldn't really see anything and then the sky started clearing around 9.  We looked through a few telescopes and I didn't know what we were supposed to be looking at for some of them but I saw cool things in two of them!  When the sky started clearing at 9, a guy was pointing out constellations and where certain stars and galaxies were and such.  The people there had legit laser pointers that they used to point at stars and they were really amazing.  They said they couldn't point them at airplanes because they could get arrested for it!!!!  That's crazyyy. I also saw two shooting stars!  Yay! I wanted to take a picture of the stars but I couldn't do that since it was too dark and such, so instead I took a picture of one of the buildings that had a red glow coming from it.  All the lights at the place were really dim and red and I felt like I was walking into a haunted house the whole time.  Before we left, we saw Jupiter in the sky and then we took the bus back.  I had to read a really long article for cinema and then I went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment