See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

October 17, 2012

Hello Friends!!  Today was pretty great for a few reasons:
1. Wednesdays are always pretty great since I only have two classes
2. Sara and I are leaving for Champaign tomorrow!!!!
3. I saw a play tonight
So it took me a long time to fall asleep last night which made me angry but it was alright I guess.  I wanted to get breakfast since I won't be here this weekend and I'll have a lot of extra meal swipes but I turned off my alarm clock three times so I didn't wake up early enough to get breakfast.  I took a shower and then got lunch and then I went to German.  After that, I had stars and galaxies.  I decided to go to the library to study for my stars and galaxies exam next week and on my way there, it started raining, but I didn't feel like getting my umbrella.  I ended up spending most of my time doing my German homework which took about two hours.  When I finally started studying, Maritza texted me and asked if I wanted to get dinner.  So we got dinner.  By the time I walked to the dining hall, I was pretty soaked...especially my pants.
We went back to our room and neither of us felt like doing any homework so I curled up in my bed and she went on Tumblr.  At 7:30, we decided to head over to the play.  She invited one of her friends to come with us and we didn't tell him until we were almost there that it was a Shakespeare play and he was pretty upset haha.  We saw Lady M which was an adaptation of Macbeth.  I didn't know until we walked in that it was in a black box theater type of place.  I took this picture before the play started.  She was laying on the ground for a long time.  Even though the play was in Shakespearean lingo, it wasn't too hard to follow because:
1. I've read Macbeth
2. The acting made it easier to understand what was going on
3. I don't know why I'm making so many lists today
I was getting pretty tired throughout the play but I stayed awake.  There was a lot of blood and shouting and weird stuff happening.  It had a different ending than Macbeth which was pretty interesting!!  When it was done, we walked back to our room.  I realized that I had to study for my German quiz but I kind of failed at that and so I just went to bed instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment