See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

October 5, 2012

Today was pretty great I guess.  It was so freezing cold outside today, though!!  Just walking to the dining hall made me quake in my space boots :(  I'm not prepared for cold weather...IT'S ONLY OCTOBER!!!!!  Anyway, today I woke up at 9ish and then showered and went to lunch by myself because Maritza already had breakfast and she was tired.  The dining hall had super good sandwiches which made me happy.  Then I had German and I had a German quiz which I think I did alright on.  After that, I had stars and galaxies in which I realized I was terrible at paying attention to what my teacher was saying because we had a clicker question and he said we should know the answer because he just said it before the question happened...I got it wrong hahaha I couldn't remember what he had said!  But it's alright.  After that, I went back to my room and Maritza insisted on leaving for the Bon Jovi concert right when I got back even though doors didn't open until 3:30 and it was only 2:30.  I told her no to the fact that we were leaving that early and good thing because we ended up being outside forever!!!  We had to stand in line for a while because we got there around 3 and then we sat on cold bleachers since Maritza's really short and she wanted to see the stage haha.  It was nice to have the bleachers though.  At like 4:30, people were giving speeches about why we should vote for Obama and one of them was supposedly somebody famous.  I took a picture of him:


He's apparently on the TV show Raising Hope which I have never seen before, but he gave a good speech so I took a picture.  Bon Jovi did not sing until 5 and people were starting to get really impatient since it was so cold outside.  And then he only sang four songs hahaha.  They were all acoustic which made them prettier.  I sent Mom a picture and Jill a video because they reminded me of them!  Afterwards, Maritza and I could hardly walk because our feet were so frozen!  We ran back to our room and took the elevator up the hill so that we didn't have to walk...it sucked!  My feet were so white so I put on fuzzy socks and then we went to dinner where we ate with people we met at the concert kind of.  After that, we went back to our room.
We had intentions of watching The Matrix since neither of us had ever seen it before, but we decided to postpone that.  Randomly, we both got cravings for a milkshake even though it was 30 degrees outside, so we trekked it to Coldstones at 10 o'clock and got shakes haha.  When we got back, Maritza went to be and pretended to do my homework but I actually didn't so I went to bed too.
While laying in bed, I looked up the temperature and this is what it gave me:

Bleh.  When I saw it on the temperature app on my phone, it showed stars next to the temperature but I thought they were snowflakes so I freaked out haha....but no worries...it only felt like 24 degrees outside!  The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment