See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

October 21, 2012

Today was pretty wonderful.  For starters, it was the most beautiful day in the history of ever.  When we woke up, Kelley decided to make banana nut muffins which were wonderful!!  Here is a picture of her being a mommy:


Aww...if you ever want banana nut muffins, go to Kelley's apartmento.  After we showered and got dressed and stuff like that, we headed out for our pumpkin patch adventure!  Mom and Dad wanted to go to lunch so they called Kelley to go to the pumpkin patch which they said was supposed to be really good and it happened to be the same pumpkin patch that Kelley really wanted to visit so we decided we would go there for lunch!
We picked Katie up because she was in town and then we drove over to the pumpkin patch!  It was seriously the cutest place in the world.  It had a Wizard of Oz theme which was cute.  The little cafe was called The Flying Monkeys and the food was super good.  Here is the whole group waiting in line to eat:


We got to watch them make donuts which were also really good.  After we ate, we walked around the gift shop, then we went outside and I found baby pumpkins which was my goal of the day.  I really wanted little pumpkins to put in my room so I bought three of them.  Here I am cleaning my pumpkins off because they were dirtay:


If I look super happy it's because I was.  Then we walked around before we found where to find the corn maze!  I like corn mazes that are legit mazes so I was really excited.  Mom and Dad decided to leave to go back home before we went into the maze so we said goodbye to them and bought our tokens for the maze!:


The guy at the entrance handed us little green cards to mark at different areas and if we got the whole card filled out, we got a choice to do one other thing without having to get tokens!!  Spoiler alert:  we filled out the whole card.
The corn towards the edge of the maze was super short and we were taller than it so it wasn't that difficult of the maze...especially since the exit was the same as the entrance.  Here's us walking in the maze:


The marker stations were a post of wood with a hole drilled in it and a highligher/white board marker sticking out of the hole...we had to mark our cards like so:


There was also a tower in the middle of the maze which was pretty much cheating because you could go up there and then see where the people were clumped where they were marking their cards.  We took a picture at the top of the tower and then we explored the rest of the maze before finding the last post.  Here is our finished card:


As you can see, some of the markers worked and some didn't.  We decided to use our free token on the hayride after much consideration between that and the giant blow up slide.  The tractor ride was nice...it just kind of rode out to the pumpkin patch and then it turned around and went back the same way.  There were a lot of cute kids there.  After that, we took a picture on the yellow brick road and then in the giant chair which is my POD and then we left.  We dropped Katie off and then we went back to Kelley's apartment.  Sara and I got our stuff together and then we were on our way back to Iowa.  I did some homework in the car and then soon I was back in my room.  Maritza arrived a few hours later.  I finally started studying for my test and we talked about our weekends and then we went to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Spoiler alert!!

    I feel like I went to that place with Matt once.

    ReplyDelete