See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

May 4, 2012

Happy May 4th!!!  Today I had a field trip to the great city of Chicago.  For the past week we have been researching German artists in German class to prepare for our Chicago trip to the art institute.  We also had plans to eat at the Berghoff for lunch which is a German restaurant.  So the train left at 7:50ish and I don't really know when we got there but we walked around the city for a long time learning about the different buildings.  My teacher had a route mapped out for us to see the buildings and it eventually led to the Berghoff.  We got to the restaurant 12 minutes early and it opened at 11.  I took a picture of all the German food that was ordered!  I got a bratwurst.  After eating, we walked around Millennium Park for a little bit because we were early for the museum also.  Then we went to the museum and looked at a lot of the paintings.  It was really exciting to see the paintings that we researched this past week in real life because I actually cared about those.  Here are some of the paintings that I researched:


And here are the paintings that I really liked:



I liked the yellow and black one because those are Iowa's colors haha :)  Half-way through the museum, we all got really exhausted from walking so much but we pulled through.  I also saw American Gothic and that one painting that's made up of a bunch of dots and it's of people standing in a lawn thing...yeah.  After the art museum, we walked back to the train and headed home!  I had to go straight to tumbling which I spent most of the time on tramp practicing synchro!  Yay!  Since I spent my whole day walking and on tramp, my feet really hurt haha :)  Kyle came home tonight and Kelley's coming home in the morning and prom is tomorrow!  Yay!  15 Days!

1 comment:

  1. We are taking a field trip to the city in a week from Monday! We are taking that same train that you did, but it leaves Harvard at 7:30... so early!

    ReplyDelete