See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

May 19, 2012

Today was definitely not a special day in my life and nothing changed at all....

JUST KIDDING!  I totally graduated from high school.
The graduation was at 7 pm because state for track was today so they wanted to make sure anybody who made it to state had enough time to run/throw and make their graduation.  So that means I had to spend all day waiting and waiting for the time when I could finally go to school and get my speech over with and graduate!!!  But first, we took pictures :)  The POD is of me and my beautiful family!  Aren't we lovely?!
Here's a picture of me and my 'rents:


After I took pictures outside, Kelley drove me to school.  The people giving speeches were allowed to get there an hour early to practice their speeches at the podium and such.  So I did that.  I took a picture of Katie practicing her speech:


Then we went to meet everyone in the cafeteria.  I took pictures with all my friends and was not as nervous as I thought I would be!!  This morning I woke up after a horrible dream where I started off my speech completely wrong and then I was missing the second page of my speech so I woke up all nervous and nauseous and it was really bad.  While we were in the cafeteria, I was able to share my pain with Collin who was singing the National Anthem.  When the teachers called for us to go sit in the auditorium where we got in alphabetical order, our principal thought it would be a good idea to tell us there were 1900 people there...thanks for that, sir.  All the speakers were then called to the front and we walked into the cafeteria where all the teachers were waiting and they applauded us as we came in.  It was very overwhelming.  After we arrived, the whole class was brought out and they were applauded for as well.  All the speakers walked in with the "special line" as my friend called it because it was all the administrators and board of education people.  Kelley took a picture of all the teachers!  So here they are in their gowned glory:


We got to sit on the stage and then when the whole class walked into the gym, we got to clap for them haha :)  While we were on stage, I got to sit next to Katie because her speech was after mine and if that didn't happen, I would have hyperventilated.  We talked pretty much the whole time the people were walking in and I felt really calm.  Here's a picture of us together on stage!!:


Then Collin sang the National Anthem and I started getting nervous.  I couldn't feel my hands by the time I walked up to the podium haha BUT I DID IT!!!!!  And I felt less nervous than when I have to give speeches in class which is strange.
After my speech, I got to go sit back down and then the choir sang their song and Katie gave her speech and three other speeches were given and then we graduated!!!  Here's me sitting in my seat!:


And here's me in line to get my "diploma":


Sadly, there is no picture of our caps being thrown in my possession but I'll hopefully find one somewhere.  After we were officially graduated, we went back to the cafeteria and turned in our gowns and then received our diplomas with a bunch of other paperwork!  Yay!  I took more pictures with my friends who weren't graduating and then I found my family and took some pictures with them!!  Here are my beautiful aunt and uncle:


  And my sibs!!!


And my grandparents!!! 

Yay for family!!!  I also took one with Mom and Dad afterwards but I already put a picture with them when we were at our house! 
We went back to my house afterwards for cake and there were mysterious packages and flowers waiting on our front doorstep!!!  Here's the flowers!:


They're super pretty :)  The mysterious items were from Butch, Judy, and Mindy!!  Yay!  Thank you!!  And here's a picture of my beautiful cake!:


And me with my cake also!!!!:


Mom made the cake because she's awesome :)  She even mixed two colors together to make teal!!  Kelley took a picture of my awards:


The gray one is cum laude, the red one is donating blood, the multi-color black, red, and yellow one is German national honor society, I don't know if you can see the teal one but that's for being in sports, the yellow stole is for NHS, the pentagon shaped medal is for being an honor student, the small round metal is one that everyone got for being an alumni, and the big round one is for being salutatorian!  Here's a close up one of my salutatorian medal because it's the one I was really excited about haha:


I don't know if you can tell, but in the picture, my nails are teal with black crackle!!  Yay!
Kelley and I drove Kyle into town and then we got more movies from the store and by the time we got home, I was so exhausted so I went right to sleep!  It was such a long day, as you can see :)  No more days!  High school is over!!!!!  It's been 12 long awaited years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment