See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

January 23, 2012

Today I woke up 30 minutes later than I was supposed to :( boo.  It's strange because normally I always wake up the best on Mondays since I had a nice, restful weekend.  It's also kind of ironic cause I just read this weekend in psych about sleep and how we need more hahaha oops :)  I had to rush around this morning to get ready but I made it to school on time.  Our driveway was supppper icy and my car was out of control but I managed :)  Also, it was 40 degrees this morning?!?!  Excuse me?!?!!  It's January 23rd...not okay.  Speaking of psych, we used the whole day to talk about strange things that happen to us when we sleep hahaha.  It was super fun and interesting and a nice waste of a class :)  Also, since I get written on in permanent marker for tumbling, my number was still on my hand and somebody thought it said "lose" hahaha so here is the number 3501 upside down, spelling out "lose" :)


So that's all that happened today...


Just kitting :)  I came home from school with a letter from the Office of Admissions at the University of Iowa and I started getting really nervous because I couldn't think of any other reason they would have written me other than if it was about the scholarship!  But I wasn't supposed to hear about the scholarship until early February.  I opened it and it said that I got the Old Gold Scholarship!!!  YAYY!!!  It's $3,000 a year up to four years (total of $12,000!) and 350 people were selected, BUT, out of those 350, 20 people get the Presidential Scholarship which is an extra $10,000 a year up to four years (total of $52,000 with them combined!!!) and those people will find out in March!  I'm happy to get just the first scholarship but the second one would make my life :) 
So the POD today is me praising the wondrous letter I got today!  I also like the nice light that is shining down on it, making it glow :)  Overall, today was great :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay you!!!!!!!!!!

    I also woke up 30 minutes later than I was supposed to! I have a calendar alert on my phone that dings an hour before I want to be at school, and it always wakes me up but not today! It wasn't a big deal because usually I am laying in bed until around that time anyway... haha!

    Yay again! You're the bomb dot com!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy!!!! Blogger needs a "LOVE" button for this one!!! Congrats again!!!
    This picture made me crack up.
    The "just kitting" part also made me crack up.
    The end :) Congratsssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!
    The sweatpants were because I found some nasty crusty crust on my pants today at school and I wanted to get out of them as soon as possible :(

    ReplyDelete