See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

January 12, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars came today!!!!! HOORAH!!!!  Kelley texted me while I was in school today and told me that my book arrived!!  And then I texted back all excited...don't worry, there was only about five minutes left of school, so I wasn't breaking the rules that bad :)  I think I might start the book tonight depending on if I finish my homework early but I'm procrastinating in hope of a snow day tomorrow!!!  BECAUSE, good news bears, IT SNOWED TODAY!!!!! It was the first legit snow of the winter finally!  I normally hate the snow cause I'm a very cold person :(, however, this year I want as many snow days as I can rake in cause I don't have to make them up!!! Yay for being a senior!!  The roads were slippery on the way home but I made it back safe by going about 2 mph haha.  I was kind of sad though because I was going to help time the boys' swim meet tonight with Sarah and I was really looking forward to it, but it got canceled :(  Instead I came home and Kelley and I took pictures in the snowfall!  Here's one of our favorites:

We like this picture for many reasons:
1. We are wearing the most joyful expressions anybody could ever wish to have
2. Kelley looks like she's praising the snow god
3. I look like a skipping yahoo
4. My hair looks like it belongs in a different decade
5. Did I mention I look like a skipping yahoo?
We couldn't really control ourselves after we took this picture and the one Kelley took for her POD is much better/classier :)  (And no, this self timer picture was not taken in my bedroom like all the other self timer pictures, in case you were wondering) 
Another exciting thing that happened to me today was that my athletic director wrote me a letter of recommendation for a scholarship and I was given it today during 8th hour.  It was incredibly nice and made me sound 10x better of a person than I actually am hahaha
Oh yes, and I also finished The Great Gatsby during study hall today!  Hooray!  As much as I liked Gatsby as a character, I was happy with how it ended.  I don't think the ending could have been any more perfect because 1. It was realistic in a sense and 2. It needed to happen...I don't want to spoil anything, so that's all I'll say :)
Happy first real day of winter and drive safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment