See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

January 16, 2012

Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!  I hope you spent it well!  Kelley went back to school today so I am once again an only child :(  Here is Justin packing her beautiful pink suitcase (that is actually mine) into his trunk!  Justin took her back since today was the only day she could go back and Dad had to work.  Today I did more homework and put my laundry away!  Yay for overcoming my fear of putting laundry away!  It feels nice to get it off my floor :)  
I also finished The Fault in Our Stars.  I liked the book a lot but it was very sad and almost made me cry but I didn't cry because I don't like crying...anyway it's probably my second favorite John Green book after Looking for Alaska.  I've only read Looking For Alaska once but I always say it's my favorite book when asked even though I've read better, more intellectual ones that I also thoroughly enjoy.  I've also kind of felt bad every time I said Looking For Alaska is my favorite book because of the fact that I've read better books and because the reason I like it so much is because I like John Green so much.  Anyway, there's a part in The Fault in Our Stars when the narrator is talking about her favorite book and says that she doesn't necessarily like the book because it's great but because she likes the author and that part reminded me of me because that's exactly how I feel.  I just hope that if I ever got a chance to meet John Green (for more than a couple seconds) he wouldn't be a total douche like the guy in the book.  
I like John Green for many reasons but the two top reasons why I like him is because he is a YA author but doesn't write like typical YA authors because his books are about teenagers but they're about teenagers with brains.  The second reason I like him is that it takes a while for him to write a new book so you know he spent time on it and actually put feeling behind it.
That's all for my rant!  Happy MLK Jr. day again and happy school tomorrow!

1 comment: