See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

September 26, 2012

Hello friends!  Today I had my second German test!  I feel pretty great about it but I won't know until  I get the test back!  I ended up getting out of class ten minutes early because of the test and then I had my stars and galaxies class.  To start, three people showed the dance marathon video which was great and then there were mysterious balloons set up in the room.  Eventually, my teacher had this guy that hides out in this storage place the whole time we're in class come out and do an experiment with the balloons.  The first balloon was filled with helium, the second balloon was filled with hydrogen, the third balloon was filled with oxygen, and the last balloon was filled with hydrogen and oxygen.  The experimenter guy went up to each balloon with a long stick with a candle on the end and did this:


The first one just popped.  Then he went to the second one and he turned off the lights so I thought it would be a good idea to take my phone out to take a picture.  I was just randomly taking pictures, hoping to get something interesting, when all of a sudden it exploded and I ended up getting the explosion in my picture....it made me really happy hahaha I'm pretty much amazing.  The third balloon was super lame and didn't really do anything and then the last balloon was CRAZY!!!!  The guy demonstrating had to put on headphones and he told everybody in the lecture hall that they needed to cover their ears...and the lecture hall was pretty big. He also said we were going to feel a shock wave which was scaring me.  He put the candle up to the balloon and the balloon exploded and this huge heat wave passed through the room and it was so loud...it was so crazy that the chalk dust that was attached to the chalk board puffed off of the board and floated in the air....it was so ridiculous.  The point of the demonstration was to show how the sun's energy worked.  After that, we went about our class as usual and then  I went back to my room and did homework...or at least pretended to do homework.  Maritza and I got lunch and then sat in the lounge upstairs and did homework.  Now she wanted to go to bed but instead, some guy from the floor below gave her a free pizza so we're eating that instead of sleeping!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment