See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

September 15, 2012

I realize I take a lot of pictures of flocks of people but they still scare/amaze me every time I see them!!  Today I woke up at 8 and Maritza was still sleeping and then I took a shower and came back and Maritza was still sleeping.  I decided to go to Iowa City's farmer's market because I had to write a rough draft of an essay about something cultural so my TA suggested I go there.  It was cool and nice to walk around but I didn't get anything.  I was only there for a little bit before I headed back to my room.  I did buy an Arnold Palmer while I was there though!  It was legit.  When I got back to my room, Maritza was still sleeping haha.  She woke up when I came in though and then we went to lunch together.  I decided to start writing my essay when we got back.  Maritza decided to take a nap.  Our room got freezing out of nowhere so I decided to go chill on the Pentacrest.  I left Maritza a note saying where I was going and then I read and wrote some of my essay on the hill.  If I was in the sun, it was super hot but in the shade it was super cold so I was unhappy haha.  There was a football game going on so I could hear people cheering and such from where I was.  I was getting really sleepy so I decided to go back to my room and get my swimming stuff to go swimming.  Maritza was still sleeping so I rewrote her a note telling I was swimming and then I left.  Swimming was great.  It was really nice and then I sat in the sauna afterwards which was also really nice.  I felt great when I was walking back to my room!  Maritza was awake when I got back and then we went to dinner.  We decided to go to the dining hall on the other side of the river which is when I took this picture.  The football game had just gotten out so I took a picture of all the people making their way back.  The dining hall was really crowded since everybody from the football game was starving.  We ended up winning, by the way!  Yay!  After dinner, we went back to our room with plans of going running later.  I finished my essay and turned it in and then I passed out and it was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment