See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

July 2, 2012

Today was day two of orientation!  I set my alarm clock for 6:15 but I couldn't hear it because the air conditioner was super loud so I overslept to 6:30 but it ended up working perfectly!!  I took a shower which was really dark and then I packed up my stuff and talked with my roommate for a little bit and then I went to breakfast.  They gave us a free breakfast at the marketplace and it was nice.  Then I met the 'rents at the main building where everything was held and we went to the large room again and they talked to us about residence halls.  After that, the students met in their little groups at a certain place and we talked about the importance of what classes we take and such.  Then the groups were dismissed and were taken to separate buildings to pick out their schedules!  My group ended up going to the building where the college newspaper was made and it was a super nice building!!  I felt so fancy schmancy.  And we were all on huge macs while we were looking through all the classes and such.  The first half of the day was just us picking classes we wanted to take and then we went to lunch where I took the POD very sneakily and I hope the girl sitting next to me didn't think I was weird taking a picture of everybody but whateves.  After lunch, we went back to the same building and finally enrolled in our classes!!!!  Everybody kept having problems with classes being full and not fitting in their schedule but I didn't and I was done super fast so here is what my schedule looks like!:


I'm super excited because they all seem pretty interesting and something I'll actually like going to.  The only thing is, as Kelley pointed out, and as I was aware of when choosing these classes is that there will be a lot of essay writing but that's okay I guess... haha I'm taking one science class and it seems pretty cool!  I like stars!  Hopefully it won't be confusing though!!  And of course, elementary German hahaha :)  I almost got out of classes on Friday but not quite!  Dern the dern.
After we did scheduling, we went back to the main building and there was a fair thing going on where we could walk around to different booths and find out about different information.  I got info from a blood donation center!  They were giving away shirts that said "I bleed black and gold" if we donated today but I was tired and didn't feel like giving blood.  I also signed up for S.T.A.T. which is a student group!  Yay!
Then we headed home.  I drove the first hour and it was my first time on a real highway and I think I did pretty well for my first time....we stopped for dinner at this really good place we've been to before and then Dad drove the rest of the way home.  I fell asleep in the back seat and then we were home!  Kelley felt like going to town so we picked up Jill and went to Target.  Jill got a cute dress and Kelley and I both got yoga pants.  Now I'm doing homework and working on my speech that will finally happen tomorrow!

1 comment: