See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

July 1, 2012

Happy July!!  Today was my first day of orientation!  I woke up at 9ish after my long day of partying haha and then we headed out at around noonish.  We got there at around 4 and then we checked in and that's when I got my awesome ID card!!!!!  Yay!  This was the most exciting part of the day for me haha :)  I blocked out my student ID and some random number in the corner and my middle name because I don't want anybody being creepos.  I like the picture.  I was afraid I was going to be all hot and sweaty since it was so nasty outside but I think it turned out fine...there's a stupid light glare in the picture...  After we did that stuff, we went and checked into the dorm where I would be staying for the night and I arrived at my room right when my roommate did which was crazy haha :)  Then we went and ate at Chipotle cause the people at orientation said if we didn't eat dinner before the thing started at 6 then we would be hungry.  Once we all got seated in the room, they introduced a bunch of people and welcomed us and showed us a weird video and then the students were broken up into smaller groups and we were led away.  We were put into small orientation groups according to our major so everybody with me was journalism majors and then we did a tour of the campus and it was super hot and my feet hurt from walking all over Iowa City.  We met back where we started at 9ish and then my mom and dad dropped me off at the dorm room.  I did a little bit of homework since I have two speeches this week and then I went to bed cause I'm a loser. 
The beds in the dorm were lofted and they were super wobbly and it was really scary and I kept waking up in the middle of the night for no reason and looking out the window, but it was all good.  Yay for almost being a college student!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your ID picture still. And I didn't know it was so glittery!

    ReplyDelete