See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

March 20, 2012

Happy voting day!!  Today I was an election judge.  I had to wake up at 3:30 in the a.m. to get to the place where I was judging which was 40 minutes away by 5 o'clock.  It was a very interesting experience but I would have liked it better if I had a decent night's sleep before hand.  So last night I was scheduled to work at a different place which was in my town but then they called and told me to go to this place which is much more out of the way in my life.  Remember when I stood in line for 45 minutes on Saturday?  Yeah, that was a complete waste of my time because they changed everything I stood in line for.  So I showed up to this place not even knowing if they knew I was coming but the lady that I first met ended up being super sweet!  She reminded me of my great-grandma (who's the best person ever).  There were two other women and another high school student along with me and the sweet old lady.  We were the five election judges and none of us really knew what we were doing. 
The time went really fast because for some reason our precinct was super busy even though everybody expected it to be super dull.  There was really no break in the day.  I definitely heard a lot of stories while I was there!  Since I was not in my precinct and I changed parties in order to be an election judge, I could not vote in this election because my voting place was far away!!  I would have liked to, though!!  Voting lasted from 6-7 and it took an hour for us to clean up so I finally headed home after a long day at 8 o'clock.  Now I'm super tired but I have to finish my stupid econ test tomorrow morning so I should probably try to study...

3 comments:

  1. You had to change parties to be a judge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They needed three republicans and two democrats at each place and this place already had two democrats so I had to be a republican

    ReplyDelete