See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

March 17, 2012

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!  Today was the busiest day of my life!  I had to wake up at 7:30 so that I could pick Katie up so that we could go to our class thing!  We signed up to be election judges on Tuesday and we needed to take a 2 1/2 hour training class to learn how to be an election judge!  The class actually went pretty fast because the guy teaching it was really funny and at one point Cari leaned over and said that that class goes faster than econ hahaha so true :)  The class was supposed to end at 11:30 and it did but then we had to wait afterwards to get assigned a place where we would be an election judge and that took 45 MINUTES!!!!!!  There weren't that many people in line but once we got the front it was obvious why it took so long!  It was seriously so confusing about what they had to do to assign us...I was so confused.  But eventually I got a church in our town so that's good.  We ended up leaving the place at 12:15ish and then I had to drive Katie home and by the time I got home it was already 1 o'clock.  I quickly ate lunch and then I had to leave again!  Last week my auntie messaged me asking me if I wanted to help one of her friends copy tax stuff on Saturdays so I said sure.  So after I ate lunch, I went over to her house and copied tax stuff for three hours!  It wasn't that bad because I don't mind doing monotonous work like that.  And it was kind of interesting to see what's all involved in taxes since I have no idea about any of it.  Her job seems very stressful though!!!
Mom and Dad had a wedding to go to today for Dad's cousin's son and it was 3 1/2 hours south of where we live so they left at 1ish when I left for the lady's house and then they came back at 11ish.  When I came home from the tax thing at about 4ish, Kelley (she came home this morning while I was in my class) was really excited about something she wanted to show me so we went out to our garage fridge and pulled out two baggies that each had a dead bug in them.  Apparently she gets extra credit for bringing in ten insects for her insect class so she was capturing insects and freezing them to kill them...
I joined her in her insect hunt and we went into the front yard and searched.  We managed to catch three flies and a weird blue beetle thing.  The first fly I caught was awesome because it was sitting on our fence and I went with the baggie to cover it and it went to fly away and it flew right into my baggie hahaha I was so excited and I kept trying to close the bag but it wouldn't zip shut but eventually it did.  It was very exciting :)
Then Kelley and I decided to make waffles at like 7 because we were hungry.  Normally on St. Patrick's Day, Mom makes corned beef and cabbage but since she was at a wedding, she couldn't, obviously.  So to make our dinner more festive, Kelley decided to dye the waffle batter green!  It looked really gross after they were made but oh well.  They also looked like they would be minty.  Here's a picture of one once it was broken open:


Lauren was home this week for spring break but I was too busy to see her and so we decided to do something tonight since she is leaving early tomorrow morning to go back to college :(  She came over at like 8ish and then we sat on the couch for like four hours and she left at like 11:30ish.  All we did was talk about stuff and it was great fun!  We even had some serious discussions in there haha but we were just agreeing with each other the whole time so it was not like a debate or anything :)  It was great seeing her again!!  I miss seeing her all the time in school!  Now I have to finish all the homework I didn't do today haha :)  HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment