See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

March 14, 2012

HAPPY PI DAY!!!!! I'm lucky enough to have the nerdiest math teacher on this day :)  A couple weeks ago, when I was absent, there was a pi day sign up to be a number and my friends were kind enough to sign me up for it :)  I'm way in the back in black next to Cari who has a bright yellow shirt on!  I was the number 5.  This is a combination of my class and another teacher's class and maybe some other people but I'm not sure...  At first, we tried lining up along a wall and then realized that we couldn't fit in the picture so then we lined up in this hallway and told the photographer to stand on the stairs but we were all overlapping and you couldn't see all the numbers so eventually we had to do this snake zig-zag thing.  My teacher is so nerdy that in the morning he had a pi song playing over the intercom where the person just sang the digits of pi.  He also played it for us during math.  I don't know if you can tell but the last person in the line is an ellipsis :)  And I'm pretty sure the guy right before him isn't supposed to be there, he just wanted to use his jersey to make a number and pretend he was the next in line. Here is a picture of Cari and me up close!:


Aren't we lovely? :)  Props to Cari for bringing the duct tape for me to use :)  And yes I was nerdy and matched my school colors :)  I'll tell you a little bit more about my outfit in a little bit!  Going along with pi day, we got ten points extra credit if we brought in a pie (this teacher is one of those that doesn't see the point of extra credit so this was a big deal) so here are all the pies that were brought:


Haha!  Soo manyy!!!  I was the only one who took a slice from mine and it was gross so I only ate a bite.  I hate pie.  We were also able to bring in cookies or anything circular and one kid made these awesome cookie cupcake things!  They looked like cupcakes but were made out of cookies!!! :


They were realllyyy goood!!!!!  And those are little pi symbols on top which I think were made out of chocolate.
So about my outfit...it was about 80 degrees out today but I wasn't thinking when I got dressed because it was kind of cold in my house.  I put on the long sleeve black shirt because I wanted a nice plain shirt for my pi number!!  Anyway, I came to school and the first person I saw was Collin and he was all, "why are you dressed like that?!"  I was seriously the only person in pants and a long sleeve shirt because everybody else got the memo that it was practically summer today haha.  I was really hot!  In German we went outside to do our classwork and our teacher seriously introduced the class by saying, "we're going to sit on the football field and talk about Hitler."  Hahaha :)  We actually sat on the bleachers, but oh well!  I was really hot out there too!  Right after that class, I had gym which was supposed to be a weight room day but we went outside instead and ran the bleachers for the whole period.  I was so sweaty, it was ridiculous. That also made it worse for putting on my wintery outfit once gym was over!  Today was a late start so thankfully we didn't have to run too many bleachers!
Then I came home, went to tumbling, left tumbling early to get to NHS, then came home!  Justin visited to say goodbye cause he's leaving tomorrow to go to Germany and I just now quickly took a shower and I have to finish my homework!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment