See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

March 11, 2012

Happy Sunday!!  Yesterday, Dad made this beautiful shelf ladder for Kelley's room!  And today he brought it up to the house to show it to us people who didn't feel like going down to the barn to look at it!  Isn't it great?  It looks so profesh!  I give him an A++!
Today I did a whole lot of nothing once again!  I woke up at 10ish and then ate and then have really no recollection of what happened between that time and about 3 o'clock when Butch and Judy came over for a surprise visit!  It was nice to see them as always :)  OH WAIT!!  I just remembered how I spent my afternoon haha :)  Mom and I were trying to make educated decisions on what classes I should take over the summer at the community college.  It seriously took like four hours (not really).  Here's my dilemma: I have to take a rhetoric class at Iowa which consists of speech, comp I, and comp II.  If I just take speech or if I just take comp I over the summer, it doesn't change the class at all and I would be placed in the same class as if I hadn't taken any classes over the summer.  So obviously I should sign up for speech and comp I so that I could get those out of the way and just take the rhetoric class that is just reading and writing.  BUT!  I'm in AP lit which satisifies the requirement for the comp I class only if I get a 4 or a 5 on the AP test.  If I pass out of that, then I can take comp II over the summer and not have to take any rhetoric class!  BUT!  I won't know my AP score until July after the summer classes have already started so I can't sign up for comp II because I don't know if I passed comp I yet!  If I only take speech over the summer, hoping I get a 4 or 5 on my AP test and then not get a 4 or 5 on my AP test, then I would have to take speech again at Iowa (the goal here is to take as little of speech as possible).  If I signed up to take comp I and speech and then find out I got a 4 or 5, then it'll be super redundent and I would get credit for the same class twice but I'd rather be safe than sorry so I signed up to take it over the summer.  I much rather take comp II to completely fulfilll my rhetoric requirement but there was no way for that to work no matter how we tried :(  Then we decided I just shouldn't take the AP test but Iowa says that I can fulfill a different gen ed requirement if I get a 4 or 5 for some other English class (but I'm going to school for English so I don't care about taking English classes...)  There was also an opportunity to take comp I as an intersession class that's only three weeks long from May to June and then take comp II as a summer class BUT!, I'm still in school for the first week of that class (we think) and it's during the day and I don't know if I can take those classes while still in high school.  Sooooo, that's my problem :(  Sorry it's lengthy but it's been very hard to make a decision :(
This next part is for Kyle.  I don't know if he reads my blogs but I'll tell him this anyway :)  So today this person I stalk on twitter posted this and it made me laugh :) :

Hahaha :)  Yes.  Me: "What is soup du jour?"  Kyle: "Are you serious?" :)
Speaking of French food, Mom made chicken cordon bleHH tonight which was very tasty but she said it was a very messy meal to make so she probably won't make it again.
Then tonight I started Count of Monte Cristo which is really great so far!!  It's the type of book that goes fast because the writing is very fluid and easy to follow!  And they don't spend pages and pages describing things.  Kelley went home today but she'll be back on Saturday for her spring break!!  That was pretty much my Sunday :)

2 comments:

  1. The ladder shelf looks awesome! Good job Uncle Pat!!!!!!!!

    Your class situation is confusing. I got confused reading about it so I just moved on.

    And we always just eat the frozen chicken cordon bleu... probably not QUITE as delicious but still very tasty and not messy at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get confused thinking about it!!!

    We used to eat the frozen stuff a long time ago but we decided to have homemade ones tonight!

    ReplyDelete