See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

February 25, 2012

I've been trying to avoid taking pictures of me in my sickly state and this is why hahaha I look sooo happy about life :)  So last weekend, Sarah and I planned the tie dying party for our swim shirts so I notified everyone at my school who got a shirt about it on Wednesday....and then Thursday I died haha :)  So there were about seven girls over at my house while I was coughing up a lung :) but my temperature was normal this morning so I don't think I'm contagious any more!!  Yay!  Hopefully there are no fatalities as a result of this tie dying partay!  If so, I'm sorry.
Here are some tie dying action pictures!! :


As you can see, Sarah decided to be different and have a uni-corn type of tie dying!!  She did a bulls-eye thing which you will see farther on down in the posty.  It took her about an hour to finally get the whole thing done while the rest of ours took about 10-15 minutes haha :)  She had to be different! :)


And here's how all the normal people dyed their shirts!  We followed instructions Mom had from a long time ago when she tie dyed back in the day.  We pretty much spiraled our shirts with a clothespin and then wrapped a piece of cloth really tight around the outside so that it wouldn't unroll.  The dye was in boiling hot water and we dipped our shirts half way, rinsed with cold water, then flipped it upside down and dipped the other half and then rinsed with warm water and ta-daa!!  Here are the results! :




What a bunch of lovely ladies all crammed into our laundry room! :)  It was nice to be around people since I have been in solitude for the past two days :)  Hopefully I didn't infect anybody though!

3 comments:

  1. They look fantastic!!! Why did Sarah's colors come out poopier than everyone elses? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lot of people's blue ran into the white areas and I think that happened to Sarah haha

      Delete
  2. Maybe Sarah tried to tie-dye it with bugs... oh wait.

    ReplyDelete