See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!  To celebrate, we watched part of the movie in German!!  Hooray!!  So Elly brought the cake to school today which was sooooooo delicious!!!!  It made my lunch 10,000 times better!!! Yay!  Thank you, Elly! :)  You can't really tell but I wore my new Iowa shirt!  And my yellow converse which were so clean everybody knew they were new haha :)  The rest of the school day was also great!  I ended up getting a 100% on my econ test after corrections and then in math we did the worksheet that nobody knew what the eff they were supposed to do and it ended up being super easy! hahaha :)  After school I came home and then headed back to help time the boys' swim meet again!  They ended up getting third today, missing second by 1 point...boo.  Tonight was senior night and, sadly, there is only one senior on the team but Cari also was recognized because she's a senior manager so Ben wasn't alone!!  Here they are!:


Aren't they just so cute :)  As seen in the picture, Cari got her hair cut two days ago so now it's really short (for her)!  So...awkward moment time!:  While I was timing the 200 free today, I kind of got lost counting the kid that was swimming but I was pretty sure he had one more lap so I asked a kid from his team and he said that he did have one more lap....and then the kid stopped and I confusedly stopped my watch and pressed the button...and then his team started yelling that he had one more lap so he got back in the water and swam the last lap so I started my watch again.  My time ended up being 16 seconds off of the clock hahaha and then the lady who runs the clock or whatever came over to see what my time was and I was all, "I don't think it's very accurate because he stopped and started again."  And she was all, "You stop the watch when they hit the wall." And then walked away.....thank you, lady.  That's pretty much all the excitingness that happened today haha :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice job spelling February!!!

    Also my mom and Jim both told me that I should show my class Groundhog Day. However, I don't so much think that it is appropriate for 6 year olds....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it :) hahaha and yeah, it may not be appropriate

    ReplyDelete