See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

April 28, 2012

Today was state!!!  My first competition was at 10:30 but we had to get there an hour early and it was a three hour drive so I woke up at 5:30 and we left the house at six...oh boy.  I slept the whole car ride down but it was such a strange sleep because I could still kind of tell what was going on but I was so passed out and my leg kept falling asleep but I never changed positions so I just laid there thinking how much my leg hurt haha.  But finally we got there!  I competed on double mini first which was a relief to get that over with because I have been stopping all the time in practice but I ended up tying in second which was almost a three-way tie but Lani ended up getting first by .1 :)  There were six of us in the group but two people were from Wisconsin.  Illinois has more tumblers than Wisconsin does so some Wisconsin people come to our state meet but since it is state they don't count in the end because they're not from Illinois so I was technically competing against four people and the other two were competing against themselves.  Then we went to Potbelly's to eat because we were starving from not having breakfast.  When we got back to the field house thing we were at, a lady called all the athletes onto the floor.  The march-in is tomorrow but I don't compete tomorrow since I don't do floor so she wanted to recognize the advanced athletes and the senior athletes that won't be there tomorrow which was me and another girl from my team.  We were called up to get this puppy thing and it was so awkward.  I felt awkward.  Right when we were dismissed they called me to go to tramp so I did.  In practice, a girl in the group before me ended up flying off the end of the trampoline in the middle of a back tuck and landed on the ground on her stomach and it was really scary cause I was seriously standing RIGHT THERE!  Lani later said we probably should have tried to help her but that never crossed my mind...oops.  After that girl, I had to get on to warm up and then the three girls that competed after her all stopped in the middle of their passes...sooo that was great :)  But I finished my pass which was another relief and I also got second again!  There were only four of us and one was from Wisconsin (and I technically tied with her).
I fell asleep on the way home again and we ended up stopping to pick up Chinese food to have for dinner!  I read some from Frankenstein and kept falling asleep while doing that and I just woke up a little bit ago haha :)  Today was pretty relieving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment