See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!!!  Today Key Club had adopt-a-highway which I'm assuming was planned seeing as it was Earth Day!  So I woke up this morning to the sounds of my parents talking loudish and excitedly and then I heard my uncle so it all made sense.  Mom made breakfast and then I took a shower and did some homework before I headed on my way to school to be part of the chain gang.  When I went to get into my car to head to school, I tried unlocking the doors with my remote but it didn't work so I figured my remote just stopped working because it kind of sucked anyway so I unlocked it with my key and went to start my car and nothing happened.  My car has this annoying light thing that if you twist all the way to one side, it keeps your interior lights on forever and I accidentally twisted it so that my lights stayed on and my battery died...boo.  I was able to take my dad's car to school though.
Not many people showed up today so we broke up into two groups which weren't very proportional.  Ours had like six people and the other one had about three or something.  One group went one direction on our road and the other group went the other direction.  Our Key Club owns the road our school is on for adopt-a-highway so it is our job to clean it twice a year.  In this picture, we were heading out to the road from our school and it was super bright and my phone was hard to see and I wasn't tall enough to get everybody so this is what happened haha :)  I like my face so I chose this one out of the others that were taken :)  Our group took three garbage bags and we ended up filling all three of them before we got to the point where we could turn around to come back to the school.  I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but at least all that garbage is picked up now!!  Here are all the bags after we were done:


Boo.  People make me sad :(  The number one item was beer bottles which surprisingly weren't shattered.  We also found part of a headlight stuck in a tree hahaha :)  Yay for being Earthy I guess!!  Too bad people can't learn to throw out their crap themselves!
When I came home, I did more homework then took a nap.  When I woke up from my nap I was really confused because I thought I slept through the night and I was confused about why I was still in my clothes and such and then I realized it was just a nap.  I ate somewhat of a dinner which was just chips and salsa and then mowed the grass which was a very cold experience since the sun was going down and it was really windy out.  Then I came in and did more homework...yay!!  Tomorrow is pretty much my last academic school day because I'm having my last English in class write and my last psych test and after these two things, we're going to be studying for the AP tests!  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment