See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

April 15, 2012

Happy 100th Anniversary of the Titanic Sinking Day!!!  To make us all happier, here's a cute picture of a baby bunny :)  AWWWW!!!  So today was a lazy day.  Mom made us breakfast this morning and then we just sat around for the rest of the day!  At around noonish, Dad called the house from the backyard saying that there was a baby bunny down by the barn and that he almost ran one over with a lawnmower and there was another one just siting there so Julia and I went down and this is the cute nugget we found :D  Here it is burying  in some grass:


And then eventually it hopped away under our dog house and Dad lifted the dog house up to find it again and we found three other baby bunnies there!!!  Except one disappeared by the time I took this picture:


OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I seriously cannot contain my excitement!!!  I asked Dad if we could keep him but he said no because they probably have a mommy bunny somewhere and they like being in the wild.  Then Julia and I decided to take a trip to the square and outside our house was a dead bunny on the road and I'm guessing it's the mommy bunny!!!!!!  But Dad still said we couldn't keep them :( 
Since today was the 100th anniversary of Titanic sinking, I decided to look it up because for some reason I like learning about disasters.  I like to imagine what it would be like in that situation!!!  INTENSE!!  That's what it would be like!  But here's the Wikipedia page.  A couple things:
1. The captain looks exactly the same as in the movie.
2. It's crazy how accurate the movie made some of the characters.
3. Did you see how many lifeboats there were and how many people survived?! UNACCEPTABLE!
4. I like the table towards the bottom of all the estimations of the types of people that died and such.
5. The picture of the gym makes me crack up hahaha :)
I find this stuff interesting, sorry if you don't!  Also, I'm disappointed in Google for not having an awesome picture on the homepage dedicated to Titanic.  Boo.  I was looking forward to that!
So Julia and I went to the square and just walked around because Julia wants souvenirs for her family but she doesn't know what to get.  Then we just came home and made the pretzels with the chocolate in the middle.  We ate dinner and then Julia and I sat on the couch and talked about German stuff.  It was going to storm today so we put Jersey's thundershirt on so naturally she looked like a lion.  While sitting on the pillow, she was dozing off and kept shutting her eyes so I took a picture of her looking cute/weird:


While Julia and I were talking, I was saying all the random German words I know and then at one point she kind of quizzed me on articles.  Then we heard the ice cream truck music and she said she had never seen one before so we quick got in my car and chased down the ice cream truck which wasn't that hard.  We ended up passing it twice and then we came home :)  Funny moment of the day goes to when Julia and I were playing DrawSomething and I drew her a picture of a cookie and when she tried to guess it she spelled "cooke_" then shouted "but there's no 'y'" hahaha I made fun of her :)  I did a little bit of homework and now I'm avoiding the rest of my homework and instead I'm going to go to bed!!  Pretty eventful day for a lazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment