See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

April 14, 2012

Happy Saturday!  I always feel like I have to start every blog post with a happy something but there's never anything exciting to say!  So Happy Saturday!  Today we went to Devil's Lake!  Mom made pancakes for breakfast because Julia wanted to try them and then we started on our journey at 9 am!  We got to the park around 11ish or something...I'm not really sure.  There were sooooo many bug things flying around us while we walked to the hiking trail it was ridiculous!!!  We couldn't open our mouths or else they would fly in and they were swarming Mom's coat so that it was covered!  It was pretty gross.  Also, to get to Devil's Lake, we took a ferry which is pictured here:


But before that we went to the bathroom which was like a toilet that led to a hole and Julia was scarred from both the bathroom and the bug experience hahaha :)  It was really funny :)  But she survived both experiences!  And both pictures above are very awkward haha :)  In the POD we have an awkward distance between us which we realized after we took the picture and in the ferry picture I look awkward so we retook them but the other two weren't that great either so I went with this one!  Anyway, we hiked to the top of the mountain/hills around Devil's Lake which looks something like this:


How beautiful!  This picture was taken before we got to the top so it's not of the whole lake but that's okay!  After we climbed to the top and went back down, we decided to stop for ice cream and then we drove to Lake Geneva to eat at Popeye's! (Not the fast food chain)  We were just all over Wisconsin today!  Also, you may have noticed that we are wearing the same shoes so of course I took a picture of that too :) :


Try to guess who's who!!!  Then we came home and I did homework for a little bit and then we decided to watch How to Train Your Dragon which is still as good as the first time I watched it!  I always forget how funny that movie is and how much the main dragon looks like Jersey :)  If you haven't seen it before, I definitely recommend it to anyone!!!  Now I'm going to bed and I'm going to sleep in and I'm going to like it!!

2 comments:

  1. Devil's Lake! I want to go.

    And I just recently (in the past few years) realized that the Popeye's in Lake Geneva isn't the chicken fast food place.... I've never been there but everyone talked about it a lot. And I was like, "Who cares? We have one in Woodstock!" And then I finally figured it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good!! I suggest it! But apparently their spinach artichoke dip isn't very good according to my mom so don't get it! But everything else has been good for us!

      Delete