See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

August 19, 2012

Today was the last day of OnIowa!  I think it was my favorite day too!!  The activities didn't start until 1:30 so I slept in until 10:30ish!  Last night made me really tired so I had a restless sleep for the first time since I got here!  Yay!  I took a shower and then Maritza and I headed over to get lunch.  We both had huge lunches and were super full but that's okay, right?  After lunch, we headed over to our hall meeting which was in a different meeting.  We talked about the choices we're going to have to make as college students and then we played ice breakers for the rest of the time.  After the ice breakers, we went over to the Pentacrest where our convocation ceremony was being held.  It was like the opposite of a graduation.  Here's a picture of all the people sitting out and the nice banners in the background:


As you could tell from this picture, the weather was pretty crappy.  It was actually storming out during the ceremony and people were leaving in herds once it started to rain.  There was a part where the president mentioned graduation and right when she said "graduation" a loud thunder clap sounded.  The president finally released us after we were all soaked and we were able to go to her block party.  Here are a bunch of people fleeing to the block party while it was raining (you can't tell it was raining in the picture):


I stopped back at the dorm with Maritza and two other girls in our hall and we changed into something warmer since the rain was freezing.  Of course that meant that it was hot out by the time we got back outside.  The block  party was nice but I didn't eat that much because I was still extremely full from lunch.  The people from the Dance Marathon was there and they danced and it was cool but eventually it looked like it was going to rain again so we had to leave earlier than usual.  Maritza and I went back to our dorm and I just kind of chillaxed while she skyped her sister and then we planned a dance party.  We invited two girls down the hall and she invited friends she has and I invited Elly but Elly and one of Maritza's friends were the only two that showed up.  When our dance party started, there was a knock on our door and two different girls in our hall invited us to a dance party in the lounge downstairs so we went to that.  It was really hot there and barely no one danced and a lot of people left but it was still really fun even though it didn't last very long.  We walked our friends home/to the bus stop and now we're ready to go to bed since it's the first day of class tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment