See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

August 16, 2012 - MOVE IN!

Today was move in day!!!   I woke up at 8 because Mom wanted to leave at 9:30.  It was storming out when I woke up so Mom told me to take a shower in case the power went out.  After the shower, I kept packing some things I didn't get to last night.  Jersey was starting to freak out because she doesn't like when we bring out the suitcases since it usually means we are about to abandon her.  Before we left, I took this picture of her looking scared:


Isn't she the cutest?!?!  I love her and I won't get to see her adorable wrinkly face for a long time :(  We packed all my stuff in the car (and by "we" I mean "Dad") and it filled so much space!!  I didn't even know there was this much stuff that was needed to live.  I asked Kelley to take a picture of me by the car:


You probably can't tell how much stuff there is, but it's packed!!!!  At 9:45ish, we set out!!!  We stopped at this diner place attached to a gas station and had a brunch type meal and then we set off again!!  Here we are passing the Illinois/Iowa border!!!:


Yay!  My new home for the next four years!!!  We got to the dorm around 2:30ish and then we checked in and started moving my stuff in!  The room is super huge which I was totally not expecting!  I thought I would be cramming everything into drawers and stuff but I have so much extra space and I feel like I need more stuff to fill it!  My roommate was already moved in when I got there and she was out with her family while I was moving in, but she did show up when we were almost done and our families got to meet!  After checking in for Iowa, we decided to take some pictures by the capital building which is what the POD is!!  And here is me and my roommate taking sister pictures:


Yay!  It's kind of awkward, but don't pay attention to that!  After the pictures, the fam and I went to eat at Chipotle and then we just kind of walked around until it was time for them to leave :(  It was a sad farewell but it won't be long until I'm home again and they'll be waiting for me to leave!!  When I got back to my room, we just kind of sat around and then some girls stopped by and we decided to explore and check out where the laundry room was.  We then learned there was this game of Apples to Apples going on in the lobby of the floor we were on, so we joined the game and it eventually got super huge.  At one point, a lot of people left and it was just me and five other people playing and then I decided to go back to the room.  The school was having this cool Target takeover thing tonight where a bunch of students were going to and they were handing out free things and there were supposedly a lot of sales.  My roommate and I decided to go to that and it took a while to get there but eventually we managed!  I ended up getting a lot of free stuff like they said but I also got a toothbrush because I realized I forgot mine...hahaha and a Sharpie because I like having a Sharpie.  The line to check-out was seriously wrapped around the entire store but it moved pretty fast because all the lanes were open and people were directing traffic.  There was a DJ there and the lights to all the check-out lanes were flashing and it kind of made my night :)  After that, we took a bus back to the dorm and now I'm about to go to bed!  Yay!  First day was a success!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm disappointed to see that your dad and Kyle did not wear Iowa shirts, haha!!

    I am sooooooo happy that you had a great first day of college!! When my mom dropped me off at Bradley for the first time, I was super sad when they left but I got better!!!

    ReplyDelete