See what Kelley's up to!

Check out Kelley's Blog to see how her year is going!

August 17, 2012

Today was a day of meeting everybody in the world.  I was planning on getting up at 8:30 but I actually woke up at 8:15 and couldn't fall back asleep soo I took a shower and had forever to spare.  My roommate and I went to some residence hall meeting that everybody had to go to within 36 hours of moving in and by the time we got back, it was time to start the day as scheduled.  We ate lunch with the people on our hall and then we had a hall meeting thing in a classroom.  After that, my roommate and I went to some thing in the pentacrest where there were a bunch of booths set up and we got a lot of free stuff.  We also got two free t-shirts while we were there which was pretty awesome.  After that, we had to split up and meet up with a different group.  My group was pretty cool and the guy who leads my group is also pretty cool.  We had to sit in a lecture hall and listen to this funny professor lecture us about how to excel in college.  She was really funny and she was such a cute old woman!  After that, we ate dinner and then we all headed over to the football stadium which was seriously fifty thousand miles away.  They wanted us to walk there to experience it and it took forever.  We were all wearing yellow shirts because that's what we needed to wear and there was such a long line extending forever of just a sea of people wearing yellow walking down the street!  I took this POD while I was walking into the football stadium and it was so crazy!  We all went there so that we could do this:


I'm in the upper left hand corner of the bottom line of the I!  Look for me!  I met a lot of people at the stadium and while we were walking to the stadium but I don't really remember any of their names because there were just so many people!  After the I, we sat in the stands and listened to a million people talk and we sang the fight song and did other cheers a bunch of times.  It eventually got really cold out and I was miserable but then we were allowed to leave.  Since the stadium was on the opposite side of campus, I had no idea where I was or how to get to the river to get back to where I was supposed to be so I ended up getting lost on the way home but I asked some nice Iowa guides who were willing to lead me back home!  Yay!  I made it back safely and then my roommate asked me to play bingo with her in a different building.  I barely played bingo by the time we decided to leave and then we decided to meet some of our neighbors and eventually there was a bunch of girls sitting on the floor of our dorm room!  Yay!  I probably will remember their names since I will be seeing them a lot throughout the year!  Now I'm finally going to bed after a long day of seeing a whole lot of faces!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for another great day!!!!! Except you put the wrong date as your subject, you night owl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I just realized that today when I tried to label my today's picture and it said I already had one from the 18th!

      Delete